How did i get here?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Condiment Whore

I have a real bone to pick after my trip to McDonalds today. When did fastfood chains become so dang stingy with the condiments? I am one of those people who doesnt really like to eat anything dry. I prefer to drench it in condiments to really bring out the flavor. Today I was in a hurry to eat lunch and decided that i would swing by McDonalds and grab a bite and head back to the office. After yelling my order (yes Carrie i supersized) to a woman who i must assume is 90% deaf and 100% dumb, I pulled up to the window to a huge sign that says "Condiments Given Upon Request" and in small print under said "You will be charged 25 cents for additional condiments". Now really people, is this needed? Is McDonalds so bad off that they have to start charging for ketchup packets and do they really need to post warning signs about it? I proceeded to ask the lady if i could have "some" bbq sauce. Apparently "some" means "one" to her and she hands me a packet. At this point I am feeling like the annoying customer, but my gosh i got a chicken sandwich and fries and that one packet is going to last me about 2 bites. I ask for another one and she says she can't give it to me for free. I pulled away and was so mad about the one packet and my dry fries that i pulled into a parking spot, marched in and went to the counter and asked for 3 bbq sauces. The clueless lady at the counter gave them to me with no argument. Mission Accomplished. Way to stick it to the man Amber.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger JP said…

    my hero

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Meredith said…

    You crack me up!!! You go girl!

     
  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger mk said…

    way to go Amber! guess that clown won't mess with you anymore, huh?

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger amy said…

    some things never change... you & 10 packets of barbeque sauce for your fries, i mean! hilarious! i haven't seen any signs like that at our Mickey D's, but you can bet your bottom dollar that i'll fight "the man" for your sake even if i don't need any additional sauce if i encounter the same issues.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    90% deaf and 100% dumb...lol that's freaking hilarious-ps gross that you're eating at McDonalds....didn't you see Super Size Me?

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    so glad you super sized! the coke is so worth it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home