How did i get here?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Monday, November 12, 2007

lasagna


I was gone to Florida this weekend and so last night when I got home we went to Sonnys and the kids were catching me up on their weekend at Grammie and Papa's house. I dont know if other moms have this problem but my children do not know how to talk in a normal speaking voice. They yell everything they say. It seems like the voices go up a couple of levels higher if we are sitting in a restaurant. This way the entire restaurant gets to be a part of our dinner conversations which usually consists of who just farted or figuring out some way to put the word doo doo in a sentence and then dying laughing at an even louder volume. And thats just Kevin and my conversations. :) So back to the weekend at Grammie and Papas.. Mason has up to this point taken the lead on explaining the details of the weekend. Suddenly Kendall jumps in extra loud with her one detail from the weekend.. "We ate Vagina last night". I figure I've just heard her wrong until the third time she repeats it. "WE ATE VAGINA LAST NIGHT" Kevin grabs her arm and pulls her right next to his face while trying hide the fact that hes about to burst out laughing.. "its lasagna Kendall, we ate lasagna."
And I thought I was a bad cook.

10 Comments:

  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger amy said…

    why does she even know that word??? i am about to wet my pants laughing! it's stories like that confirm why i haven't taught my boys the correct words for their private parts, yet. for years, they'll only know it as 'wee wee' and they have no idea what i have.... just that i don't have a wee wee!!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Ms. Um... said…

    that might be the funniest thing i have ever read on here... i was hysterically laughing and made trey come read this post. remind me never to go over to the wiley's for dinner!

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    I just wet myself.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    i'm still laughing...we call everything a pee pee, b/c i'm afraid of incidents like this!!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh my gosh
    i am cracking up b/c i can totally imagine her yelling it
    you should really talk to shirley about her cooking techniques...enough is enough

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Bridget said…

    We have the same problem....with our voices that is!! TOO FUNNY!

     
  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Frankly- I have always hated that word! why didn't we get a cool word like the boys did? Maybe b/c we don't think ours is as cool as they appear to (we don't play with ours as much).

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger SC Rocks said…

    Too funny...out of the mouths of babes!!! I think that's why God allows us to have the kids we do - so they can embarrass us like we did our own parents!

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger amy said…

    so, i thought it was odd that your family talk about doo doo all the time (except not too odd coming from you :0), but now I can totally relate. this last week, both boys have started saying "poo poo pants" non-stop. they both totally crack up laughing every time. i should have said it today when they were sitting on Santa's lap. he probably wouldn't have laughed, but i'm sure the boys would have cracked up!!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Harptastic said…

    You don't know me...I accidentally happened upon your page through an exciting network of Blogs...However, let me say that almost every single post you have is hysterical. I teach high school and work with kids all day who stress me out and make me frustrated. But your blogs are a bright spot of laughter. Thanks for that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home