How did i get here?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Top Five Moments In Life

Today's moment came in right under the birth of my children (and possibly tied with it). I got to stand around and shoot the breeze with Luke Perry and have my picture made with him (please do not miss that his hand is around my waist). For those of you who dont know how HUGE this is.... let me take you down a quick 90210 memory lane. 1990- 1995 I'm 13 years old and I sneak to watch this new teen drama called Beverly Hills 90210 every week b/c i know my parents will never approve. I proceed to fall in love with Dylan McKay. I have his poster hanging above my bed and dream of our wedding. 1996-1999 I'm living in Athens and my best friends and i get together every Wednesday night to watch. This is also the time that me and Julie begin to watch every old episode over again until ridiculous hours of the night. 2000- One of the saddest days in History, the Season Finale of 90210. We have a huge party at Lesleys apartment for the big event of Donna and David's Wedding. We all decide that we will dress up like the characters and we even had a cake made. I decide to be Donna Martin and show up at Lesleys wearing my wedding dress. The ceremony was beautiful and we all cried when Kelly and Dylan got together at the reception. 2001- Kevin and I decide to take a vacation and somehow we end up in Beverly Hills 90210. Its kind of like a Muslim making their pilgrimage to Mecca. I drag Kevin to every known site that was shot on the show to have my picture taken. Today topped it all when Lesley and I got to go see Luke (yeah, we're like best friends now) working in town on an independent film hes starring in. We also hung out with John Gries (Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite) and I've included his picture, but didn't really want to take anything away from my boy Luke Perry.

11 Comments:

  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    That's awesome! How did you swing that and why is there a hobby horse in the picture?

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Blogger Cindy said…

    That is AWESOME!!!!!

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Nicole Puckett said…

    That is really really awesome.... where exactly are they shooting this flick?

    Not digging the facial hair though....

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    OH MY GOSH I too loved Dylan McKay! So did my sister....my nephew is named after him...no joke. I am sooooo JEALOUS!

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger amy said…

    what i want to know is why you failed to mention in your 90210 history that you had EVERY episode recorded onto VHS and a notebook where you kept a record of which episodes were on each video tape and a SYNOPSIS of what happened during each episode?

    now if that is not a devoted fan who DESERVES to meet Dylan... i don't know what is!!! :0)

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    I'm proud to say Amber and I co-created the infamous 90 notebook log, yet only one of us got to meet Dylan.
    *weeps*

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    A LOG WITH A SYNOPSIS!!!!

    You are WAY dorkier than I thought! Hello, you are seriously walking the line on that on!!! :)

    Glad you got to meet him! I mean dreams really do come true, huh!

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Amber said…

    i will not apologize for my obsession with luke perry or 90210.. its made me the person i am today.

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Meredith said…

    I'm so jealous!!! Did you just go to the film site???

     
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Amber said…

    Lesley knows all of the production staff thats filming it so shes the one that hooked us up.

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't believe you didn't call me!!!! NO ONE...I MEAN NO ONE...loved him as much as I did...I will never forgive you! I love you! Twi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home