How did i get here?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

beauty product hell

after this morning ive got a quick bone to pick with all beauty companies. there are certain things in life that are worth stressing over.. then there are things in life that make no sense and its like companies set things up just to annoy their customers. Example #1 - Shampoo and Conditioner. Why the heck do they come in different size bottles? i feel like its an endless game of catch up that im tired of playing. EVERY single time one runs out and the other is like 1/4 still full. What did conditioner do to earn the smaller bottle? I shouldn't be forced to do math problems in the shower to figure out what proportion i should use of each to even out the playing field. Example#2 - Falling deodorant. Why cant beauty companies secure the deodorant stick to the inside of the applicator? I am not lying when I say that once every two months I am on the floor picking up the deodorant that fell out and broke into pieces. Maybe its just Dove that does that.. but you either keep it so rolled down that you have burns on your armpits from applying it or you get to remove all of the carpet fuzz and puzzle it back together after it falls out and breaks into a million pieces. This morning I gave up and just smooched one of the smaller broken pieces under my arm and rubbed it in. Now the puzzle will never fit together.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger amy said…

    amen on the shampoo/conditioner inconsistencies.

    i'm 1/2 tempted to take you up on the shirt/small backpack bet!! :0)

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't have that problem with my non-aluminum chlorohydrate roll-on deo! But I can just see you smushing that piece on your underarm--too funny. Dad and I were just noticing what time you entered your blog---weren't you suppose to be working hard at EMA? Slacker

    your mom

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Meredith said…

    You crack me up...

    I second you on both things...

    Try Degree for women, I don't seem to have that problem of it breaking to pieces like Dove does (btw I switched from dove to Degree)... just a thought :)

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger amy said…

    hahaha!! busted by the boss! playin' online when you should have been workin'! now that is funny!!

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    just do what i do-i switched to Pantene-or any two in one for that very reason!

     
  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    secret does it too...I am glad I am not the only one smushing large pieces into my armpits at times

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I for one am just happy that you haven't given up on the whole system! Horay for clean, managable hair and non-smelly pits!! No matter what you have to do to have it, it's worth it.

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger mk said…

    The instructions on the shampoo read "lather, rinse, repeat" and the conditioner usually doesn't include the "repeat" - but since when did you follow the rules? :o) I'm kidding, I feel your pain, I've often wondered the same thing. It makes it very difficult to try a new brand if you feel like changing. I guess the beauty product companies needed some way to keep you buying their products.

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    I don't use conditioner so I really didn't understand the whole unequal-ness of shampoo and conditioner, but yesterday when I was holding a small wedge of deoderant under my arm smooshing it around, I was thinking of you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home