How did i get here?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

december recap

to recap december in a nutshell...
Kendall face planted into our fireplace and chipped off her front tooth and bruised her face. I literally cried for 3 hours straight and she was fine in 10 minutes. This occured exactly one week before she was to be the flower girl in Trey and Kelly's wedding.


Trey and Kelly got married on December 16th. The wedding was beautiful except for one part... my child. Kendall had a melt down before she was to walk down the aisle. She was screaming at the top her lungs and as I stood in the front of the church I wished I could have hid in the poinsettas. I cannot give Kendall full credit for ruining the wedding b/c her cousin Jonathan deserves his share, however he pulled it together just in time to walk the eisle and leave kendall in a pool of her own tears. As I stood watching the whole thing unfold Im not sure if I was more upset at her for disrupting Trey and Kellys big day or for flushing the $75 i spent on her outfit down the toliet.








Sadly, this is the best picture i have of my children at Christmas this year. Its especially sad b/c this was taken at Picadilly next to the stupid snowman who wouldnt stay facing forward.





Mason turned 4 the day after Christmas. After two days of getting way too many presents, Kevin and I were just about ready to ring his neck. Each year after Christmas, birthday and too much time with grandparents our house becomes a detox facility where we attempt to de-brat our children. Mason is just about to complete his 12 step program and we've just decided to throw in the towel with Kendall. Posted by Picasa

10 Comments:

  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger amy said…

    i can completely sympathize with the kendall wedding meltdown. trip & i were in connie s's wedding in october & he FREAKED out when it was his turn to walk down the aisle. he took a couple of steps then yelled "NOOOOOOO!" & chunked his ring bearer pillow toward the back door. i was mortified standing on the alter with no way to comfort or quiet him.

    tell treyvis congrats from us!

    and i can also sympathize with the serious need for DETOX after time with grandparents with or without the gift giving mayhem. imagine how the g'parents would be if they only saw your kids 3-4 times a year!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Bridget said…

    Let me know how the detox works...we are in need at our house too!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The wedding was beautiful! My cousin is getting married in March and she wants both kids in the wedding. It's on a Friday night, so I'll need to make sure they both get a good nap that day.

    If you ever figure out what works with Kendall, let me know. I'm hoping Emma gets over the terrible 2's soon and never finds the even more terrible 3's!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    I am with you baby! On New Year's Day I told Jonathan that I didn't even like Jon Thomas anymore because he's so rotten! Now, we've instituted a new system (that my husband came up with no less) and things are much better!

    Sorry about the tooth. Whew, I bet that hurt!

     
  • At 9:38 AM, Blogger Nicole Puckett said…

    The picture of Kendall is just beautiful...

    At least it's not a permanent tooth:(

    I'll remember Kendall and Trip's experience if anyone wants Eli to be in a wedding at 2...

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Michael and Catherine said…

    Your children are beautiful!! We love reading your blog...We looked for y'all at church but didn't see you! Sorry we missed ya! I cannot imagine when our girls are two! We'll have double the funny stories to share! It'll definitely be interesting!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Amber, ya'll've (is that a word?) been busy! Tell Trey congrats for me! I was in my step sister's wedding the same day and the ring bearer who's probably around 3, ran and I mean RAN down the aisle... Kids are so funny... even though they can be frustrating at the same time.

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Trashman is married? really? That is unbelievable. Tell him I said congrats.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS aisle is spelled with an a...not an e

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm so glad that Jonathan had his melt down during the rehearsal when I could hold him (and want to kill him). - oh yea and when everyone wanted to be quiet and listen to trey's speech and my child wanted to run amuck!! But he did make it down the aisle, barely. Wow- December was a whirlwind!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home