How did i get here?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Monday, November 27, 2006

13.1

A group of about 9 of us set a goal in February that we would begin running some races and train ourselves to be able to run in the Atlanta Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on Thanksgiving day. Well we all finished this past Thursday without ever walking and without dying (although i came close). The majority of us couldnt run a mile without stopping when we started this process, so Thursday was a pretty big day for us. I finished in 2 hours 24 min which is a sucky time for real runners but a major accomplishment for me. At the beginning of the race I was sure I wanted to keep training for a marathon, however I still havent forgotten how I felt the last two miles of the race, so the jury is still out on that one. Its kind of like childbirth in that sense
 Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger K-Mobb said…

    Congrats on your big finish! Don't you feel a huge sense of accomplishment!? I think the 1/2 marathon is the perfect race. There is night and day difference between training for a 1/2 and full marathon...not that I want to discourage you from doing one...I think that everyone needs to do atleast one marathon! Great job Amber!

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Nicole Puckett said…

    Congratulations! Very impressive

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Meredith said…

    Congratulations Amber! I am SUPER impressed! What an accomplishment!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger amy said…

    yeah... i would have been impressed with your great numbers, but i just ran from my couch to my fridge to get a snack & back in 1 1/2 minutes ( and the run included stairs).... beat that time, sister!

    just kidding, i couldn't run a 1/4 of a mile without having to stop & catch my breath. way to go on the 1/2 marathon! now go eat a fat filled snack... you deserve it!

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Bridget said…

    OH my gosh..I am so proud of you! (And a teeny bit jealous) I was there cheering, but I missed you....congrats!

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger Cindy said…

    That is absolutely AWESOME!!! Congrats!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home