How did i get here?

there are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

bruised biker

i decided to try out something new this past weekend called mountain biking. to some this is a fun sport where you can bond with friends and really experience the outdoors. to me its more like a time to hold on for dear life and to actually feel the bruises forming on your crotch as you hit each bump in the road. kevin did a good bit of mountain biking when we first met in college and he and his friend will have spent many a night in our basement fixing up his old bike. so this weekend we decided to go to n georgia to try out the new fixed up bike that we have spent 8 million dollars on. its funny b/c girls arent the only ones that get all excited and go buy a new outfit for an event or decide they are going to start exercising only to find out that they really just wanted to buy some new cute workout clothes. kev's been so excited about this weekend that he bought a bunch of weird stuff to go on his bike and a new helmet, new padded shorts (um, really should have invested in a pair for myself) and he and the guys went out early sat morning for a 18 mile ride. after lunch they were ready to jump back on the bikes and i thought what the heck, im tough, ill come along for the ride-- i mean, its only 8 miles. i should have known it was a bad sign when i pedaled around the parking lot and my crotch was already sore. we started down this path made up of what seemed like bowling ball size rocks and the bouncing and bruising began. the downhill ride was pretty fun i must admit, however at one point i kind of felt like i was being molested by the bike seat. i literally looked down and the front of the seat was inside my shorts which im thinking isnt right. its when we started the uphill climb that i couldnt really find the beauty of the outdoors. its kind of like riding a horse where after a while there is just no comfortable way to shift your butt. i know little to nothing about bikes so when i hear instructions like 'just shift it to a lower gear' it means i start pushing all of the buttons and hoping i can find some way to make my thighs stop burning. for whatever reason i never found that gear. to make a long story short.. i dont think im a mountain biking kind of gal. last night as i was sitting on the toliet feeling the burn of my pee i was really taken aback to a couple of days after kendall was born when i felt like someone had fought world war III between my legs. at least with that i had a cute little baby to show for it-

7 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    sorry about the bike molesting you- something about that isn't right, maybe you put your seat on backwards. hey-at least you were trying to exercise.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Mother of the Year said…

    You are easily the crudest friend I have and I totally love that about you! I mean, what other person that I know can manage to get in the words crotch (multiple times), molesting, peeing and having a baby to mesh with a story about bike riding!

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Bridget said…

    You crack me up! I can relate to that story, in college Jima nd I purchased very expensive mountain bikes...and I literally went one time...that was enough! I hated it! I really don't even like riding a bike on the road! UGH! Hope you heal soon!

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger amy said…

    sorry to laugh at your misfortunes, but you crack me up. i laughed thru the whole story knowing that i would be so mad if i was you. it sounded like a good idea, but after the first 1/4 mile, i would have had to give it up & walk my bike & my sore parts back to the car!! YIKES!!!

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that is freaking hilarious...i warned you about mtn biking sissy...you and your blue crotch should have listened

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger K-Mobb said…

    Amber,
    Ward moved out to Hollywood shortly after college at Samford. He began designing clothes on the side. He designs clothes, plays in a band, and is studying to become a stylist right now. I will have to see the replay of the show! I can only imagine your surprise!

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, Amber. I hardly ever comment on anyones blogs but this entry just cracked me up (along with the Kendall farting one). I just wanted to let you know I have enjoyed reading each one and love to see all the pictures of your precious family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home